Information for students who need COVID-19 IgM Antibody Testing for travel purposes:
- Obtain a Lab Order: Student must obtain lab order from the Student Health Center before getting the antibody test. Call the Health Center (518-276-6287) first to request a lab order, then pick up the order from the Health Center (Academy Hall), and then go to Samaritan Hospital Laboratory to have the test done.
- Go to: Samaritan Hospital Laboratory, 2215 Burdett Ave. Troy, New York 12180 (entrance on Peoples Avenue). Hours are 6:30am to 5:00pm Monday – Friday; 7:00am to 12:00pm Saturday. Walk-in, first come first serve, no appointment needed.
- Cost: Covered by the RPI student insurance plan (CDPHP).
- Website: https://www.sphp.com/find-a-service-or-specialty/lab-services/
- Test Report: Establish an on-line account with the laboratory so you can obtain the result on-line. Otherwise, contact the health center for a copy of the lab result supplied to the health center from the hospital lab (this will take longer than the on-line option).
COVID-19 rRT-PCR Testing for travel purposes can be done on campus at the COVID-19 testing site (Armory) with official reports of the COVID-19 rRT-PCR test found on the student's health portal account (https://rpi.studenthealthportal.com/) within 24 to 36 hours of the test. After logging into the portal, select ‘my profile’ and ‘lab history.’ Click on the test date to download a PDF of the test report.