Rensselaer Student Health and Wellness Services staff remain committed to supporting your health and well-being. In light of the campus move to remote instruction, as well as recommendations from national, state, and local health officials, we are implementing the following temporary service changes.
Medical Services (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:00 p.m.)
No walk-in appointments; phone triage will be conducted for appropriate scheduling as follows:
- Respiratory Illness/Suspect COVID-19
- Will be directed to (1) hospital, (2) quarantine in place awaiting further direction from the County Health Department, (3) medical evaluation in Academy Hall Auditorium, or (4) self-care and symptom monitoring at home.
- Telehealth Appointments
- Medical and psychiatry appointments will be conducted via phone or video.
- Providers will make assessments, recommendations, and referrals as appropriate.
- Prescription medications will be electronically sent to a pharmacy local to the student.
- Urgent conditions that cannot be addressed via telehealth (local/on-campus students)
- An appointment will be scheduled with a provider in the Student Health Center, 3200 Academy Hall.
Counseling Services (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.)
No in-person appointments: phone and video appointments only.
- Counseling Appointments
- Counseling appointments for existing clients will be conducted via phone or video. To schedule an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (518) 276-6479 or (518) 276-6287. Indicate the best time and phone number for a counselor to contact you.
- Drop-in counseling in the Mueller Center, ECAV, and the Rensselaer Union is canceled.
- Psychiatric Services
- Psychiatry appointments for existing clients will be conducted via phone and/or video. To schedule an appointment, email email@example.com or call (518) 276-6479 or (518) 276-6287. Indicate the best time and phone number for a counselor to contact you.
- Crisis Intervention (24/7/365) – Follow normal procedures
- Call the Department of Public Safety (518) 276-6611 and request to speak with the Counselor-on-Call.
- If life-threatening, call 911 or the National Suicide Lifeline: 1 (800) 273-8255
- Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
- View guidance from the CDC on managing anxiety and stress during emergencies.
Disability Support Services
In-person services suspended. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for support with accommodations.
- Appointments with the Director of Disability Services will be conducted via phone or video.
- New students/parents and existing students can schedule an appointment by emailing email@example.com.
Health Promotion Services
In-person services suspended. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and concerns.
Sports Medicine for Varsity Student-Athletes
In-person services, practices, and competitions suspended.